- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Cornish Hens with Wild Rice Stuffing Recipe
|Long grain and wild rice mix||6 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Onion||1 Medium, minced|
|Melted butter/Margarine||3 Tablespoon, divided|
|Apple||1 Large, peeled, cored, and coarsely shredded (Delicious Variety)|
|Egg||1 , beaten|
|Minced fresh parsley||1 Tablespoon|
|Ground thyme||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Cornish hens||2 3⁄4 Ounce (2 Birds)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 874 Calories from Fat 495
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 56 g85.9%
Saturated Fat 27.9 g139.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 387 mg
Sodium 776 mg32.3%
Total Carbohydrates 72 g24%
Dietary Fiber 9.7 g39%
Sugars 30.1 g
Protein 26 g52.2%
Vitamin A 57% Vitamin C 75.2%
Calcium 15.2% Iron 32.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Follow manufacturer's directions and soak clay cooker in water.
2) According to package directions prepare the rice.
3) In a pan heat 2 tablespoons butter and fry 6 onion till soft.
4) Stir in rice, onion, apple, egg, parsley, and thyme.
5) Rub inside hens salt and pepper.
6) Stuff hens with little rice mixture and keep aside the rest.
7) Close cavity securing with toothpicks and tie tightly.
8) Baste with 1 tablespoon butter and put breast side up in cooker.
9) Drizzle salt and pepper on top.
10) Cover cooker and place in a cold oven.
11) Bake at 400° for 2 hour.
12) Take out the cooker and place on heat-resistant pad. Keep it covered.
13) Reduce oven temperature to 350°.
14) In a lightly greased 1-quart casserole add the remaining rice and bake at 350° for 30 minutes.
15) In a serving platter serve rice with Cornish hens.