- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Cornish Hens With Peach Sauce Recipe
|Cornish hens||2 Pound, split (2 Birds, About 1 Pound. Each)|
|Browning sauce||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Canned sliced peaches in heavy syrup||16 Ounce, drained, reserve 1/3 cup syrup|
|Orange juice||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Ground cinnamon/Ground ginger||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
Calories 1125 Calories from Fat 577
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 64 g98.4%
Saturated Fat 17.7 g88.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 458.2 mg
Sodium 532.5 mg22.2%
Total Carbohydrates 51 g17.1%
Dietary Fiber 0.8 g3.2%
Sugars 34.7 g
Protein 79 g157.9%
Vitamin A 30% Vitamin C 76.5%
Calcium 6.3% Iron 21.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In an 8-inch square baking dish, place hens.
2. Brush the hen with browning sauce.
3. Season with paprika and pepper.
4. Cover the dish with wax paper.
5. Heat on High for 12 to 14 minutes.
6. Let it stand covered 10 minutes.
7. In a small glass bowl, take reserved syrup, orange juice, cornstarch and ginger; stir well to mix.
8. Heat at High for 4 to 5 minutes until thickened; stir occasionally.
9. Top hen with peaches.
10. Pour sauce over hens.
11. If required, heat for 2 to 3 minutes just before serving.