- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Cornish Hens With Deviled Sauce Recipe
|Mustard powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Ground ginger||1 Teaspoon|
|Ground turmeric||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Ground allspice||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Unsalted butter||4 Tablespoon|
|Chili sauce||2 Tablespoon|
|Plum sauce||1 Tablespoon (Optional)|
|Brown sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Worcestershire sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Soy sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Tabasco sauce||1 Dash|
|Chicken broth||3 Tablespoon|
Calories 308 Calories from Fat 208
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 23 g35.7%
Saturated Fat 8.5 g42.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 136.8 mg
Sodium 240 mg10%
Total Carbohydrates 3 g0.9%
Dietary Fiber 0.58 g2.3%
Sugars 1 g
Protein 21 g42.2%
Vitamin A 13.3% Vitamin C 2.8%
Calcium 2.4% Iron 8.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Tie together the legs of each hen and tuck them under thw wing tips.
2) In a small bowl, put the mustard powder, paprika, turmeric, ginger and allspice and mix them properly together.
3) On all sides of the four Cornish hens, rub the spice mix. Ensure that some spice mixture is pushed behind the wings and into the joints.
4) Put the hens away in the refrigerator for at least 60 minutes.
5) Preheat oven to temperature of 350 degrees.
6) In a roasting pan, arrange the Cornish hens and melt some butter. Brush the butter all over the hens.
7) Roast the hens in preheated oven for about 20 minutes. During the cooking time, keep brushing the birds with the roasting juices.
8) In a small bowl, combine the plum sauce, chilli sauce, brown sauce, soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce, Tabasco and chicken broth. Mix well.
9) All over the roasted hens, brush about half of the sauce. Put the birds back in the oven and cook for another 40 minutes.
10) Brush the hens with the remaining sauce twice more during the final few minutes of cooking so that the skins are crisp and brown.
11) Serve hot.