- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Cornish Hens Indian Recipe
|Frozen rock cornish game hens||6 Pound, thawed (About 1 Pound Each)|
|Salt||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Thyme leaf||1⁄4 Teaspoon, crumbled|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), melted (1 Stick)|
|Bacon slices||4 , diced|
|Onion||1 Medium, chopped|
|All purpose flour||1 Tablespoon|
|Curry powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Instant chicken broth||2 Teaspoon (2 Envelopes)|
|Apricot nectar||1 Cup (16 tbs) (From A 17 Ounce Can)|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Parsley rice||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Buttered carrots||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), buttered|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 9356 Calories from Fat 4352
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 485 g746.7%
Saturated Fat 167.5 g837.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 2997.8 mg
Sodium 5375.8 mg224%
Total Carbohydrates 675 g225%
Dietary Fiber 21.5 g85.9%
Sugars 55.9 g
Protein 527 g1053.6%
Vitamin A 138.8% Vitamin C 136.2%
Calcium 67.4% Iron 177%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Mix 1 teaspoon of the salt with pepper and thyme in a cup; sprinkle 1/4 teaspoonful inside each hen; tie legs together. Place the hens, breast-sides up, in a jelly-roll pan. Brush with part of the melted butter or margarine.
3. Roast in moderate oven (375°), brushing once or twice with remaining melted butter or margarine and drippings in pan, for 1 hour. Snip away strings with scissors; pour off drippings from the pan.
4. While hens roast, cook bacon until almost crisp in a medium-size saucepan; remove with a slotted spoon and drain on paper toweling. Stir onion into the drippings; saute until soft.
5. Blend in flour, sugar, curry powder, instant chicken broth and 1/2 teaspoon salt; cook, stirring constantly, until bubbly. Stir in apricot nectar and lemon juice. Heat, stirring constantly, to boiling; simmer for 5 minutes, or till the mixture thickens slightly; spoon about half over hens.
6. Roast for 10 minutes; spoon remaining curry mixture over top to make a thick coating. Continue roasting 10 minutes, or until hens are tender and richly glazed.
7. Spread Parsley Rice on a large, deep, serving platter; arrange hens on top. Sprinkle with the reserved diced bacon. Spoon the carrots at each end of the platter.