- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Corn Flake Brown Betty Recipe
|Cornflakes||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Butter/Margarine||3⁄8 Cup (6 tbs), melted|
|Brown sugar||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Fruit||1 Pound (Such As Raspberries)|
Calories 420 Calories from Fat 150
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 17 g26.3%
Saturated Fat 10.8 g54.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 45.4 mg
Sodium 310 mg12.9%
Total Carbohydrates 66 g22.1%
Dietary Fiber 3 g12.2%
Sugars 29.5 g
Protein 4 g8%
Vitamin A 33.4% Vitamin C 60.4%
Calcium 2% Iron 68.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat the oven to 350°F (Gas Mark 4).
2) Mix together the cornflakes, butter or margarine and brown sugar gently and divide the mixture to 3 portions.
3) Take a pie or ovenproof dish and put one portion of this mixture into it and half the fruit.
4) Top with another layer of the cornflake mixture and then with the rest of the fruit.
5) Complete the layering with the 3rd portion of the cornflake mixture.
6) Place the dish in the oven and bake for 35 to 40 minutes.
7) If wished, decorate with more fruit.
Firm fruit such as apples, plums, etc., can be softened by cooking them first in a covered saucepan with a little water and sugar.