- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Cornets Filled with ricotta Recipe
|Red wine||2 Tablespoon|
|Cold water||125 Milliliter|
|For the filling|
|Almonds||100 Gram, roasted|
|Glace cherries||100 Gram|
|Icing sugar||50 Gram|
|Vanilla essence||2 Drop|
Calories 726 Calories from Fat 280
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 32 g50%
Saturated Fat 11.8 g59.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 47 mg
Sodium 84.1 mg3.5%
Total Carbohydrates 90 g30.2%
Dietary Fiber 5.1 g20.5%
Sugars 41.1 g
Protein 21 g41.7%
Vitamin A 9.6% Vitamin C 0%
Calcium 26% Iron 22.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a bowl place flour, rub in the fats and mix in sugar.
2. Then add the wine and the water to form dough and roll out pastry thinly on a floured surface.
3. With a round pastry cutter, cut out the rolled pastry and over a horned or cornet pastry tube place each circle.
4. In a deep fryer fry few kannoli at a time, turning frequently to ensure that they are evenly browned.
5. Let it cool by placing on kitchen paper so as to absorb fat.
6. In a bowl mash the ricotta, stir in chopped chocolate, almonds and cherries and mix in the icing sugar and vanilla essence well.
7. Fill each Kannol with the ricotta mixture and place on serving dish.
8. Sprinkle with icing sugar and serve.
Fill each kannol just before serving as, if filled too early the ricotta mixture will make the cornets soft.