- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Breakfast Corned Beef Hash Recipe Video
|Cooked corned beef||1 1⁄2 Pound, diced|
|White potatoes||1 1⁄2 Pound, peeled and quartered|
|Roasted tomato salsa||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (Prepared)|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), crushed|
|Green onions||1 Bunch (100 gm), white parts chopped and green parts reserved for garnish|
|Ground black pepper||To Taste|
Calories 781 Calories from Fat 194
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 22 g33.4%
Saturated Fat 8.1 g40.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 220.7 mg73.6%
Sodium 3336.5 mg139%
Total Carbohydrates 65 g21.7%
Dietary Fiber 10.9 g43.8%
Sugars 5.8 g
Protein 81 g161.4%
Vitamin A 42.5% Vitamin C 152.5%
Calcium 7.3% Iron 16.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Boil the potatoes for 15 minutes and then chop the potatoes that are still firm.
2) In a saute pan over medium heat, cook the heat and add the green onions. Cook slowly.
3) Add the salt and pepper and butter, mix and add the garlic. Cook over medium heat.
4) As soon as the butter melts, add the potato and tomato salsa. Add some salt, toss and pat the ingredients down with a spatula and start cooking.
5) Turn the ingredients over every 5 minutes so that these can cook and even properly on both sides. This is generally repeated 4 to 5 times and the hash is well crushed.
6) Serve the hash while it is still hot. Top with a poached egg, which is the traditional way to serve the dish.
For more information please visit: http://foodwishes.blogspot.com