- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Corned Beef in the Microwave Recipe
|Seasoned corned beef brisket||3 Pound|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Hot)|
Calories 320 Calories from Fat 180
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 20 g30.8%
Saturated Fat 8 g40%
Cholesterol 110 mg
Sodium 220 mg9.2%
Total Carbohydrates 4 g1.3%
Dietary Fiber 0 g
Sugars 0 g
Protein 30 g60%
Vitamin A Vitamin C
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Place the brisket in a microwave friendly cooking bag or in a casserole dish.
2. Pour water over the brisket.
3. Tie bag loosely with string or piece of plastic and place in a baking dish, or cover the casserole with plastic wrap and prick with a knife to allow steam to escape.
4. Cook in the microwave oven at power 3 for 1 hour.
5. Turn over the beef.
6. Continue cooking for another 45 minutes, checking for doneness with a sharp tipped knife, during last 15 minutes of cooking, until meat is tender.
7. Allow the meat to rest in the bag or casserole for 10 minutes before serving.
10. Transfer the meat to a platter.
11. Slice and serve or use as required in other dishes.