- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Corned Beef Recipe
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Beef brisket||10 Pound|
Calories 811 Calories from Fat 520
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 58 g88.7%
Saturated Fat 22.8 g113.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 205.6 mg
Sodium 305.6 mg12.7%
Total Carbohydrates 13 g4.4%
Dietary Fiber 0 g
Sugars 13.3 g
Protein 56 g111.4%
Vitamin A Vitamin C
Calcium 1.8% Iron 28.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a bowl mix salt, sugar and saltpeter.
2. Cube the meat in 5" chunks.
3. On a heavy brown paper keep the pieces of meat and rub each piece thoroughly with salt mixture.
4. Tightly pack into 2-gallon crock or enamel pan.
5. Sprinkle remaining salt mixture over the meat.
6. Keep a plate over it that covers it, fits tightly, and weighs it down.
7. After 7 days shift top pieces to bottom.
8. Refrigerate the crock for at least 24 days before using.
9. Use the meat within 3 weeks. Wash well in cold water before cooking.
10. Reserve the unused meat in cure prepared diluting 1/2 its volume of boiling water.