- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Cornbread Truett Recipe
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Corn meal||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Salt||1 1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Boiled rice||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs)|
|Eggs||2 Small, beaten|
|Milk||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Baking powder||6 Teaspoon|
Calories 447 Calories from Fat 116
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 13 g20%
Saturated Fat 6.9 g34.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 68.7 mg
Sodium 649.4 mg27.1%
Total Carbohydrates 74 g24.8%
Dietary Fiber 3.2 g13%
Sugars 15.6 g
Protein 9 g17.3%
Vitamin A 7.4% Vitamin C
Calcium 35.2% Iron 19.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven to 375° F
2. Lightly grease a bread pan with oil or butter.
3. In a large mixing bowl, combine fat with sugar.
4. Use a wire whisk or a wooden spoon to beat the fat and sugar until light and creamy.
5. Add the beaten eggs and the milk to the creamed mixture and blend in. If the mixture curdles, add a little of the dry flour to it.
6. In another bowl, sift the flour and salt, baking powder and stir in the corn meal, and boiled rice.
7. Add the dry ingredients to the creamed batter and gently fold in to make a thick smooth batter.
8. Pour the batter into the prepared baking pan and spread evenly.
9. Bake in the preheated oven for 30 to 35 minutes until risen and golden brown. Insert a skewer in the center to check for doneness.
10. Remove and cool in the pan for 5 minutes, then invert on a wire rack to cool
11. Cut into slices and serve for breakfast, tea or with your meal.