- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Cornbread Stuffed Pollock Recipe
|Pollock fillet/Other fish||2 Pound|
|Celery||1 Cup (16 tbs), sliced|
|Fresh mushrooms||1 Cup (16 tbs), sliced|
|Green onions||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), sliced|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Cornbread||4 Cup (64 tbs), crumbled|
|Soft bread cubes||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Salt||1 1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Herbes||1⁄2 Teaspoon (Fine Blend)|
|Hot water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||2 Tablespoon|
Calories 820 Calories from Fat 230
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 26 g39.7%
Saturated Fat 11.5 g57.7%
Trans Fat 0.7 g
Cholesterol 362 mg
Sodium 1270.2 mg52.9%
Total Carbohydrates 100 g33.4%
Dietary Fiber 13.6 g54.5%
Sugars 14.5 g
Protein 47 g94.2%
Vitamin A 15.1% Vitamin C 7.7%
Calcium 1.6% Iron 50.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2. Thaw frozen fish before cutting.
3. Cut the fillet into 6 equal steaks.
4. In a 10 inch skillet, take 6 tablespoon butter or margarine and cook celery, mushroom and onion in it until they become tender.
5. Add ¼ teaspoon salt, fine herbs and hot water; mix well.
6. Add this mixture to breads and toss lightly.
7. In 12 by 8 inches, well-greased baking dish, transfer the bread mixture and arrange the fish fillets on it in a single layer.
8. In a pan, melt two tablespoons of butter or margarine and drizzle over fish.
9. Drizzle lemon juice over the fish.
10. Season the fish with remaining salt and paprika.
11. Place the dish in the oven and bake for 20-25 minutes or until the fish flakes.
12. Serve hot.