- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Cornbread - Cooking with The Vegan Zombie Recipe Video
|Red pepper||1 , thinly sliced|
|Jalapenos||2 , thinly sliced|
|Onion||1 Large, thinly sliced|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Corn meal||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs) (organic stone ground)|
|Unbleached flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Baking powder||3 Teaspoon|
|Sea salt||1 Teaspoon|
|Chipotle pepper||2 Tablespoon, grounded|
|Almond milk||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Canola oil||3 Tablespoon|
|Coconut oil||1 Teaspoon (For greasing)|
Calories 353 Calories from Fat 144
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 16 g25.3%
Saturated Fat 4.8 g23.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 404.3 mg16.8%
Total Carbohydrates 49 g16.2%
Dietary Fiber 3.6 g14.5%
Sugars 18.4 g
Protein 4 g8.9%
Vitamin A 10.5% Vitamin C 41%
Calcium 16.1% Iron 9.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven at 400 degrees F. Grease a baking dish with coconut oil and set aside.
2. In a sauté pan add in the olive oil and heat. Followed by onion and sauté for few minutes.
3. Add in the red bell pepper and jalapeno. Sauté for 5 minutes more. Take off the pan from the stove and let it cool.
4. Meanwhile in a large bowl add in the corn meal, unbleached flour, sugar and salt. Followed by the chipotle pepper, whisk all the ingredients well. Set aside.
5. In another bowl add in the almond milk and canola oil. Whisk well, pour in the mixture to the cornmeal bowl. Mix well.
6. Pour in the batter to the prepared dish. Top with sautéd vegetables.
7. Bake in oven for 20 minutes at 400 degrees F.
8. Take out the cornbread from the oven let it cool. Take out from the dish and slice.
9. Serve Cornbread with Chilli and serve.