- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Cornbread and Chorizo Stuffing Recipe Video
|For the cornbread:|
|Sugar||1 1⁄3 Cup (21.33 tbs)|
|Butter||8 Ounce, melt|
|Buttermilk||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Baking soda||1 Teaspoon|
|Cornmeal||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Kosher salt||1 Teaspoon|
|For the chorizo:|
|Chorizo sausage||4 Medium, cooked and thinly slice|
|Sweet onion||1 Small, dice|
|Celery stalks||3 Small, dice|
|Carrots||3 Small, dice|
|Garlic cloves||2 Medium, mince|
|Green onions||1 Cup (16 tbs), slice|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Chicken stock||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Cracked black pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 7104 Calories from Fat 3356
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 374 g575.2%
Saturated Fat 171.1 g855.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 2084.2 mg
Sodium 7778.2 mg324.1%
Total Carbohydrates 777 g259%
Dietary Fiber 38.8 g155.3%
Sugars 291.1 g
Protein 176 g353%
Vitamin A 706.5% Vitamin C 81.1%
Calcium 43.8% Iron 180%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. For the Cornbread: In a large bowl add together melted butter and sugar and combine.
3. In a separate bowl mix together buttermilk and baking soda.
4. Once combined add to the butter, sugar mixture and stir well.
5. Next add in remaining ingredients and mix until very few lumps remain.
6. On a sheet pan with parchment paper and non-stick spray pour corn bread batter and spread evenly.
7. Bake at 375 degrees for 30-40 minutes.
8. Once the corn bread is cooked, slice into thick chunks and place in a very large bowl.
9. For the Chorizo: In a large saute pan on high heat with 2 tablespoons of olive oil, caramelize the sweet onion, celery stalks, carrots and garlic.
10. Once brown, add in the chorizo and saute for 3 to 4 minutes.
11. Finish with green onions, salt and pepper and add it to the large bowl with cornbread.
12. Mix thoroughly and transfer to a souffle dish.
13. In a separate bowl, whisk together chicken stock and eggs and pour over the mixed cornbread, vegetables and chorizo.
14. Place the souffle dish in the oven on 375° for 20 ro 30 minutes.
15. Once cooked, remove from the heat and serve.