- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Corn Serving Tip Recipe Video
|Bacon fat||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Pure olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Shallot||1 , sliced|
|Diced tomato||2 Tablespoon|
|Kosher salt||To Taste|
|Black pepper||To Taste|
|Heavy cream||2 Tablespoon|
|Fresh thyme leaves||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
Calories 271 Calories from Fat 136
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 15 g23.7%
Saturated Fat 4.8 g23.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 21.1 mg
Sodium 198.7 mg8.3%
Total Carbohydrates 34 g11.2%
Dietary Fiber 5.5 g21.9%
Sugars 8.7 g
Protein 6 g11.8%
Vitamin A 14.4% Vitamin C 25.2%
Calcium 2.3% Iron 6.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Using a sharp knife cut the stalk off the corn.
2. Slice off the corn kernels, holding the corn cob vertical to the chopping board.
3. In a skillet over medium high heat, pour in olive oil, add in bacon fat and allow to melt.
4. Raise the heat, add in the shallot and stir with a wooden spoon.
5. Put in the corn, diced tomatoes, salt and pepper, stir well to mix and allow to cook for 2 minutes.
6. Lower the heat, and pour in the cream, stir and allow to cook for 5 minutes or until corn is tender and still has a slight bite to it.
7. Add in the thyme, stir and turn off the heat.
8. Serve hot as desired.
While cutting the corn, place a towel on the edges of the table to avoid the kernels going all over.
Save the corn core to make stock or soups.