- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Easy Summer Corn And Pepper Salad Recipe Video
|Frozen sweet corn||1 Pound (Null)|
|Red peppers||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Null)|
|Basil leaves||6 (Null)|
|Cayenne||To Taste (Null)|
|Salt||To Taste (Null)|
|Black pepper||To Taste (Null)|
|Mayonnaise||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Null)|
|Red wine vinegar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (Null)|
|Olive oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (Null)|
|Dried italian herbs||1⁄4 Teaspoon (Null)|
|Sugar||1⁄2 Teaspoon (Null)|
|Freshly ground black pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon (Null)|
|Salt||1⁄2 Teaspoon (Null)|
|Water||2 Teaspoon (Null)|
Calories 449 Calories from Fat 323
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 36 g55.7%
Saturated Fat 4 g20%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 19.6 mg6.5%
Sodium 514.9 mg21.5%
Total Carbohydrates 31 g10.3%
Dietary Fiber 4.3 g17.2%
Sugars 6.6 g
Protein 4 g8.6%
Vitamin A 32.6% Vitamin C 94.5%
Calcium 1.7% Iron 7.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) To make the dressing, mix together the mayo, garlic, salt, pepper, red wine vinegar, olive oil and dried Italian herbs. Add some sugar and a splash of water and whisk well in a large mixing bowl.
2) Let the dressing sit overnight for best results.
3) To make the salad, put the corn in a saute pan and toast it on medium heat. Turn the heat off and set the corn aside.
4) In a mixing bowl, mix together the bell pepper, corn, salt and pepper. Toss well together.
5) Add just enough dressing to coat the ingredients. Toss and set the mixture aside.
6) Slice the basil and add it to the salad with a dash of salt.
7) Serve the salad at room temperate or even chilled. Makes a good appetizer.
For more information please visit: http://foodwishes.com