- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Corn Chowder Recipe
|Bacon slices||4 , finely chopped|
|Onion||1 Medium, thinly sliced|
|Pared potatoes||4 Cup (64 tbs), cubed (4 Medium)|
|Corn kernels||4 Cup (64 tbs), cut from cob|
|Heavy cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Salt||2 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|White pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Milk/Frozen whole kernel corn - 2 pkg 10 oz, thawed||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
Calories 467 Calories from Fat 145
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 16 g25.1%
Saturated Fat 9.4 g47%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 50.2 mg
Sodium 531.7 mg22.2%
Total Carbohydrates 69 g23%
Dietary Fiber 13.9 g55.6%
Sugars 4.5 g
Protein 12 g23.9%
Vitamin A 10.8% Vitamin C 34.3%
Calcium 8.5% Iron 4.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Arrange the ingredients.
2) In a large with-cover saucepan, saute bacon, over moderate heat, until golden.
3) Add onion, potatoes, and 1 cup water.
4) Cover the pan; boil the water, and simmer about 10 minutes, or until potatoes are tender but not mushy.
5) Remove cover, and keep saucepan aside.
6) In medium saucepan with cover, combine corn, cream, sugar, and butter.
7) Cover the pan and simmer over low heat, 10 minutes.
8) Add to potato mixture with remaining ingredients.
9) Cook over low heat, stirring occasionally, until heated through but do not boil.
10) Serve the corn chowder hot with some garlic bread.