- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Fresh Corn and Tilapia Recipe Video
|For indian corn|
|Corn ears||3 , kernels cut off the cobb|
|Garlic cloves||2 , chopped|
|Chopped cilantro||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (A Big Handful)|
|Canned white beans||15 Ounce, rinsed and drained (1 Can)|
|Jalapeno||1⁄2 , minced|
|Ground cumin||2 Teaspoon|
|Tomatoes||1 Cup (16 tbs), halved|
|Tilapia fillets||1 Pound|
|Extra virgin olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
Calories 858 Calories from Fat 203
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 22 g33.9%
Saturated Fat 6.9 g34.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 96.1 mg
Sodium 387.4 mg16.1%
Total Carbohydrates 112 g37.4%
Dietary Fiber 20.4 g81.8%
Sugars 16.9 g
Protein 65 g130.6%
Vitamin A 72.7% Vitamin C 69.7%
Calcium 23.3% Iron 57.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Season Tilapia with salt, paprika and freshly ground pepper on both the sides.
2. In a pan, heated over medium heat, add extra virgin olive oil and butter.
3. Add onions and garlic and let them cook for about two minutes so that it gets fragrant.
4. Add jalapenos, corn, a pinch of salt and pepper. Stir it well and let it cook for about four minutes.
5. Add 1 teaspoon of paprika, two teaspoons of cumin, white beans, chopped cilantro and sliced tomatoes. Let it cook for 5-7 minutes.
6. Heat another pan and add extra virgin olive oil.
7. Add the seasoned Tilapias and cook it on both the sides for 2-3 minutes. Once it becomes nice and opaque, you know your Tilapia is done.
8. On a serving platter, take corn mixture and top it with Tilapia. Decorate with lemon wedges.