- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Corn and Crab Chowder Recipe Video
|Potatoes||1 Cup (16 tbs), diced|
|Carrots||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs), finely chopped|
|Dried thyme leaves||1 Teaspoon|
|Crab meat||6 Ounce (Claw Meat Works Well, But Lump Crab Looks Nice)|
|Vegetable oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||1 Teaspoon, minced|
|Onion||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), diced|
|Frozen corn||10 Ounce, thawed (One 10 Ounce Package)|
|Red potatoes||1 Cup (16 tbs), diced|
|Carrots||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs), chopped finely|
|Dried thyme||1 Teaspoon|
|Chicken broth||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Cream||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Crabmeat||6 Ounce (Virginia Crabmeat - Claw Meat / Lump Crab)|
|Green onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), sliced|
Calories 743 Calories from Fat 92
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 10 g15%
Saturated Fat 4.8 g24.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 49.9 mg
Sodium 988.3 mg41.2%
Total Carbohydrates 137 g45.7%
Dietary Fiber 6.5 g26.2%
Sugars 48.6 g
Protein 25 g50.3%
Vitamin A 176.8% Vitamin C 63.8%
Calcium 38.1% Iron 24.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a small stockpot or large saucepan heat the oil and sauté the garlic and onion in it.
2. Add the corn, potatoes, carrots and broth and bring to a boil.
3. Keep at a low boil for about 15 minutes or until the potatoes are just tender.
4. Add the cream and thyme.
5. Season with salt and pepper.
6. Add the crab just before serving, and heat through.
7. Garnish with green onions and serve hot.