- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Corn Tortillas Recipe
|Masa harina||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs) (Quaker Oats)|
|Corn germ||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Water||1 1⁄8 Cup (18 tbs)|
Calories 54 Calories from Fat 6
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 0.68 g1%
Saturated Fat 0.03 g0.16%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 1.6 mg0.1%
Total Carbohydrates 11 g3.8%
Dietary Fiber 0.8 g3.2%
Sugars 0 g
Protein 1 g2.7%
Vitamin A 0.2% Vitamin C
Calcium 4.6% Iron 3.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In your food processor, use METAL BLADE setting.
2) In the work bowl, add masa harina and corn germ. Process to cut the corn germ, into very small pieces.
3) Pour in water in a steady stream, while the machine is still running.
4) Form a ball out of the masa.
5) Remove the dough and make out 12 portions from it.
6) Use a plastic bag to place the dough.
7) Use a Tortilla Press to line both sides of the tortilla press with heavy polyethylene plastic.
8) Make a ball out of a dough portion and flatten slightly.
9) Place the flattened ball slightly off center, toward the back, on the tortilla press.
10) Close the lid and press down hard on the handle.
11) Use the tortilla to serve with toppings.