- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Corn Saute Recipe Video
|Sweet corn||2 Cup (32 tbs), husked and silks removed (white and yellow, mixed)|
|Tomato||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), minced|
|Zucchini||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), minced|
|Extra virgin olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|White onions||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), minced|
|Garlic clove||1 Large, minced|
|Kosher salt||2 Pinch (as needed, to taste)|
|Black pepper||2 Dash (as needed, to taste)|
|Fresh basil||1 Tablespoon|
Calories 100 Calories from Fat 47
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 5 g8.1%
Saturated Fat 1.6 g7.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 5.4 mg1.8%
Sodium 94 mg3.9%
Total Carbohydrates 13 g4.4%
Dietary Fiber 2 g8.1%
Sugars 2.8 g
Protein 2 g4.6%
Vitamin A 7.6% Vitamin C 12.5%
Calcium 1.2% Iron 2.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a large non-stick skillet, add the butter and olive oil over a medium-high heat.
2) Add the onions, zucchini and garlic. Season with kosher salt and black pepper, stir and cook for a few seconds.
3) Stir in the tomato and sweet corn, again season with kosher salt and black pepper.
4) Cook until corn takes on a lightly brown color, but not burnt. Be sure to stir every few minutes but not too frequently as the corn needs to be in contact with the pan to pick up good color.
5) Stir in the basil and combine with all the ingredients.
6) Transfer the corn to a serving plate and serve.