- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Corn, Radish And Parsley Salad Recipe
|Corn kernels||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Radishes||1 Cup (16 tbs), sliced|
|Parsley||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), minced|
|Olive oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||2 Tablespoon|
|Basil||2 Tablespoon, minced|
|Parmesan cheese||2 Tablespoon, grated|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced|
|Black pepper||To Taste|
Calories 731 Calories from Fat 161
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 18 g27.6%
Saturated Fat 3.1 g15.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 5.1 mg
Sodium 230.4 mg9.6%
Total Carbohydrates 117 g39%
Dietary Fiber 29.3 g117.2%
Sugars 0.8 g
Protein 22 g44.7%
Vitamin A 14.9% Vitamin C 23.6%
Calcium 11.8% Iron 4.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a salad bowl,mix together corn, radishes and parsley.Keep the corn mixture aside for use.
2) In a small container, combine oil, lemon juice, basil, Parmesan cheese and garlic to form the dressing.
3) In a large saucepan, blanch the com kernels in boiling water for 3 to 4 minutes.
4) Drain off the liquid and wash thoroughly with cold running water in order to prevent them from getting cooked further.
5) Drain once more and keep aside.
6) Pour the dressing over corn mixture and toss lightly to coat all over.
7) Add required salt and pepper to taste and serve.