- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Corn Pie Recipe
|Bread crumbs||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Tomatoes||1 Cup (16 tbs), sliced|
|Green peppers||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), sliced|
|Uncooked corn||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
Calories 221 Calories from Fat 67
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 8 g11.7%
Saturated Fat 3.5 g17.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 12.2 mg
Sodium 454.6 mg18.9%
Total Carbohydrates 34 g11.4%
Dietary Fiber 3.5 g13.9%
Sugars 2.5 g
Protein 5 g10.2%
Vitamin A 10.2% Vitamin C 22.1%
Calcium 2% Iron 7.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven to 350° F
2. Grease a pie dish with butter.
3. Line the pie dish with strips of bacon.
4. Sprinkle half the bread crumbs on the base of the pan.
5. Alternate layers of tomatoes, peppers and corn, twice, sprinkling salt, pepper, sugar and dotting with butter after each layer and ending with corn.
6. Top with remaining bread crumbs and butter.
7. Bake for 30-40 minutes until crust is golden brown.
8. Take the dish straight from the oven to the table and serve directly from the pie dish.