- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Corn Gazpacho Recipe
|Cooked corn kernels||3 Cup (48 tbs), freshly cut from the cob, or canned (5 Ears)|
|Tomatoes/One 32-ounce can italian plum tomatoes, coarsely chopped||1 3⁄4 Pound, peeled and lightly seeded (5 Pieces)|
|Zucchini||1 Small, diced|
|Cucumber||1 Medium, peeled, seeded, and diced|
|Celery ribs||2 , diced|
|Scallions||4 , finely chopped (The White And Part Of The Green)|
|Finely chopped red onion||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), minced|
|Canned v 8 juice||32 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Lemon||1 Large, juiced|
|Limes||1 1⁄2 , juiced|
|Olive oil||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Ground cumin||1 Tablespoon|
|Ground chili powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Chopped coriander||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
Calories 531 Calories from Fat 178
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 20 g30.8%
Saturated Fat 2.6 g12.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 183.2 mg7.6%
Total Carbohydrates 76 g25.3%
Dietary Fiber 19.2 g76.9%
Sugars 10.3 g
Protein 13 g26.3%
Vitamin A 58.9% Vitamin C 139.1%
Calcium 7.7% Iron 11%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a large casserole or tureen, all the ingredients, adding only ½ cup coriander, reserve the remaining for garnish.
2. Stir the contents thoroughly until every thing is well blended.
3. Cover and place the soup in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours to allow the flavors to blend and soup to chill thoroughly.
4. Taste and adjust seasoning before serving.
5. Ladle the soup into cold soup bowls or consommé cups.
6. Garnish with remaining coriander.
7. Serve with crust bread pieces if you like.