- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Corn Fritters Recipe
|Fresh ears of corn/2 packages, 10 ounce each frozen whole kernel corn||8|
|All purpose flour||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Matzo meal/Finely crushed unsalted crackers||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Eggs||2 , beaten|
|Heavy cream||2 Tablespoon|
|Snipped chives||2 Teaspoon|
|Ground red pepper||1 Dash|
|Cooking oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Tomato ketchup||2 Tablespoon (For Serving)|
Calories 656 Calories from Fat 179
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 20 g31.4%
Saturated Fat 6.1 g30.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 88.1 mg
Sodium 148.2 mg6.2%
Total Carbohydrates 118 g39.3%
Dietary Fiber 12.3 g49.4%
Sugars 22.3 g
Protein 18 g35.3%
Vitamin A 28% Vitamin C 52.4%
Calcium 9.4% Iron 19.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. If fresh corn is being used, take a sharp knife and remove kernels from corn cobs. If frozen corn is being used, cook according to instruction given on package.
2. Take a 10-inch skillet, add butter and melt over medium heat.
3. Stir in corn and cook for about 2 to 3 minutes. Add sugar.
4. Take a large mixing bowl and transfer the corn mixture into it.
5. Mix crushed crackers or matzo meal, flour, eggs, baking powder, chives, red pepper and cream and stir till they blend properly.
6. Take a 10-inch skillet, add cooking oil and heat it.
7. Using tablespoon, add batter, several at a time, to the hot oil.
8. Cook for 6 minutes, turning side halfway, till both sides turn golden brown.
9. Using a slotted spoon, transfer the deep fried corn fritters into paper towels to drain off excessive oil.
10. Allow it to cool.
11. Serve with tomato ketchup.