- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Corn Fritters With Milk Recipe
|Lard/Shortening/ cooking oil||1 Cup (16 tbs) (For Deep Frying)|
|Flour||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), sifted|
|Salt||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Baking powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Eggs||2 , beaten|
|Milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Cooked whole kernel corn||2 Cup (32 tbs), drained|
Calories 194 Calories from Fat 54
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 6 g9.2%
Saturated Fat 2.3 g11.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 75.6 mg
Sodium 675.5 mg28.1%
Total Carbohydrates 28 g9.4%
Dietary Fiber 1.2 g4.7%
Sugars 1.9 g
Protein 6 g12.5%
Vitamin A 2% Vitamin C 1.1%
Calcium 15.8% Iron 10.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a large skillet, wok or deep fat fryer, heat oil over a medium high heat. Insert a deep fat thermometer and allow the oil to heat to 250° F
2. Into a large mixing bowl, sift together flour salt and baking powder.
3. Gradually pour in the milk, stirring vigorously to get a smooth batter.
4. Add beaten eggs and blend into the batter.
5. Tip in the corn and stir well.
6. Use a large tablespoon to drop batter into hot oil and fry in batches of 5 to 6 for 3-4 minutes until crisp and golden brown on both sides.
7. Using a slotted spoon, remove and drain on a plate lined with absorbent paper.
8. Place in the oven at 250° F to keep warm while the remaining batter is fried.
9. Serve the corn oysters immediately while warm and crisp.
10. Accompany with mustards and sauces of your choice.