- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Corn-Fed Chicken with Lemon Pepper Recipe Video
|Corn fed chicken||1 Medium, washed and dried|
|For lemon butter|
|Lemon rind||1 Teaspoon|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Freshly ground black pepper||1 Teaspoon|
Calories 789 Calories from Fat 462
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 51 g79.1%
Saturated Fat 16.2 g81.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 267.4 mg
Sodium 729.8 mg30.4%
Total Carbohydrates 1 g0.4%
Dietary Fiber 0.48 g1.9%
Sugars 0.2 g
Protein 76 g152.5%
Vitamin A 11.3% Vitamin C 6%
Calcium 5.1% Iron 18.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the fan forced oven to 180°C.
2. In a bowl, mix together butter, lemon rind, lemon juice, olive oil, salt and pepper.
3. With clean hands, loosen the skin of the chicken and apply the butter mixture well under the skin and rub the remaining butter mixture all over the chicken.
4. Place the chicken in the baking tray.
6. Roast chicken in oven for about 90 minutes, basting the chicken after every 15 minutes, with cooking liquid flowing in the tray.
7. Remove the chicken from the oven, let it rest for sometime and carve it.
8. Serve the chicken hot or as desired.