- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Corn and Tomato Chowder Recipe Video
|Onion||1 Large, diced|
|Olive oil||3 Tablespoon|
|Unsalted butter||3 Tablespoon|
|Dry white wine||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Corn kernels||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Chicken stock||6 Cup (96 tbs) (low-salt chicken broth)|
|Heavy cream||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Cherry tomatoes||1 Cup (16 tbs), stemmed|
|Sweet basil||2 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Salt and pepper||1 Teaspoon (to taste)|
Calories 890 Calories from Fat 422
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 48 g73.4%
Saturated Fat 24.1 g120.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 132.9 mg
Sodium 645.6 mg26.9%
Total Carbohydrates 90 g30.1%
Dietary Fiber 19.5 g78%
Sugars 6.4 g
Protein 21 g41.7%
Vitamin A 33% Vitamin C 10.3%
Calcium 8.4% Iron 4.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a pot on medium high, heat olive oil and butter. Add the onions and saute it for about 2 minutes. Season it with salt and pepper to taste.
2. Pour in the white wine. Mix well and let it simmer for about 3 minutes.
3. Once it starts simmering, add the corn, vegetable stock, mix well and let it simmer for another 2 minutes on medium high.
4. Stir in the heavy cream, cherry tomatoes and mix well. Bring this chowder to a boil for bout 3 - 4 minutes. Lower the heat and let it simmer for 12 minutes, stirring continuously.
5. Stir in the thyme, basil and mix well. Cook this for another 2 minutes and switch off the heat and get ready to serve.
6. Serve this corn and tomato chowder hot garnished with basil leaves in a soup bowl.