- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Corn Chowder Recipe
|Canned corn kernel||32 Ounce, drained (2 Cans, 16 Ounce Each)|
|Potatoes||2 , peeled, diced|
|Onion||1 , peeled, chopped|
|Chicken bouillon||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Milk||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
Calories 538 Calories from Fat 161
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 18 g27.9%
Saturated Fat 9.8 g48.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 45.1 mg
Sodium 1390.4 mg57.9%
Total Carbohydrates 79 g26.3%
Dietary Fiber 5.7 g23%
Sugars 24.8 g
Protein 15 g30.2%
Vitamin A 9.5% Vitamin C 37.5%
Calcium 15.5% Iron 6.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a slow cooker or crock pot combine corn, potatoes, onion, broth and seasonings. Stir to mix well.
2. Cover pot tightly with its lid.
3. Cook vegetables on HIGH for about 4 hours, or cook on LOW for about 8 hours, if you are preparing the soup for supper.
4. Using a slotted spoon, remove the potatoes to a bowl and mash light with the back of a spoon.
5. Return to the soup.
6. 1 hour before serving time, stir in the cream and milk
7. Heat on HIGH for 1 hour until soup is hot and bubbly.
8. Ladle the hot soup into warmed soup bowls or soup plates.
9. Serve the soup accompanied with crusty bread.