- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Corn Chowder Recipe Video
|Extra virgin olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Onion||1 , chopped|
|Garlic cloves||3 , minced|
|Thyme sprigs||5 Medium|
|All purpose flour||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Chicken stock||48 Ounce|
|Potatoes||2 Medium, peeled and chopped medium|
|Milk||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Corn ears||6 Medium, kernels removed (corn drained- 2 cans)|
|Salt and pepper||To Taste|
|Garlic powder||To Taste|
Calories 861 Calories from Fat 191
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 22 g33.1%
Saturated Fat 8 g39.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 37.6 mg
Sodium 643.7 mg26.8%
Total Carbohydrates 156 g52.2%
Dietary Fiber 16.4 g65.8%
Sugars 31.5 g
Protein 31 g62.3%
Vitamin A 31.9% Vitamin C 98.9%
Calcium 19.3% Iron 31%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Pull of the leaves from the thyme sprigs and discard the stems.
2. Peel the potatoes, and using a sharp knife cut is in cubes.
3. In a pot heat together, olive oil and garlic, saute the onion until light brown in colour.
4. Add in thyme and garlic, stir and allow to cook until the thyme starts to smell.
5. Add in the flour, and cook stirring continuously, for 2 minutes to cook the flour.
6. Pour in the chicken stock, milk and add in the potatoes, raise the heat and allow to boil for 10 minutes stirring frequently or until the potatoes are tender.
7. Add in the corn kernels, stir reduce the heat to medium and allow to simmer for 10 minutes.
8. Season the chowder with salt, pepper and garlic powder, and stir well.
9. Serve hot in warm soup bowl.