- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Corn Casserole Recipe Video
|Frozen corn/Sweet corn||17 Ounce, defrost|
|Milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|All purpose flour||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm)|
|Extra virgin olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Cayenne peper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Cheddar cheese||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), grated|
|Salt and pepper||To Taste|
Calories 560 Calories from Fat 271
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 30 g46.8%
Saturated Fat 14.5 g72.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 274.2 mg91.4%
Sodium 515.8 mg21.5%
Total Carbohydrates 44 g14.7%
Dietary Fiber 3.6 g14.2%
Sugars 7.8 g
Protein 27 g54.6%
Vitamin A 25.2% Vitamin C 1.7%
Calcium 49.5% Iron 12.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat oven to 400 degree F.
2. Grease a 9 x6 –inch baking dish with oil. Set aside.
3. In food processor or mixer, add egg, garlic, milk, salt, pepper, and cayenne pepper.
4. Drop about ½ cup of corn, and flour in it. Mix to combine.
5. Pour olive oil and blend until smooth.
6. In greased baking dish, put corn and half of the cheese. Mix well.
7. Pour egg mixture on top to cover.
8. Sprinkle remaining cheese on top of it.
9. Pop it in oven, and cook for about 35-40 minutes or until casserole is puffed and golden on top.
10. Serve corn casserole as a side dish with your meat dishes or it can also be served as a vegetarian main dish accompanied with a salad.
Add flour gradually into blender to get a saucy consistency.