- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Corn Cakes Recipe Video
|Corn meal||1 Cup (16 tbs), finely ground|
|Rice flour||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Corn starch||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Milk||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Corn kernels||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Bacon slices||3 , fried until crisp & crumbled|
|Sharp cheddar cheese||4 Ounce, grated|
Calories 651 Calories from Fat 153
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 18 g27.8%
Saturated Fat 8.2 g41%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 148.3 mg
Sodium 397.1 mg16.5%
Total Carbohydrates 98 g32.6%
Dietary Fiber 10.4 g41.5%
Sugars 10 g
Protein 23 g45.9%
Vitamin A 11.3% Vitamin C 2.6%
Calcium 43.6% Iron 11.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a medium bowl stir together the corn meal, rice flour, potato starch, baking powder, and sugar, set aside.
2. In a larger bowl whisk the eggs, and milk together.
3. Add the dry ingredients to the liquid ingredients, stir until just combined but don’t over mix.
4. Stir in the corn, jalapeno, cheddar and bacon until everything is pretty evenly distributed.
5. Heat a nonstick pan, spray nonstick cooking spray pour in the corn mixture.
6. Cook for a few minutes until you see the tops of the corncakes begin to look dry and large bubbles begin to rise.
7. Flip on the other side and cook for a few minutes.
8. Serve corn cakes with chicken salad and sour cream.