- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Manual's Corn Bruschetta Recipe Video
|Corn kernels||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs)|
|Milk||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|All purpose flour/Plain flour||1 Tablespoon (Maida)|
|Red bell pepper||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), finely chopped|
|Cumin seeds||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Black pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Lemon juice||1 Teaspoon|
|Parmesan cheese/Italian mix cheese||2 Tablespoon, shredded|
|Green chili||1 , seeded, minced (For Garnishing)|
|Cilantro||1 (For Garnishing)|
|Bread||1 (For Garnishing)|
Calories 1269 Calories from Fat 213
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 24 g36.2%
Saturated Fat 7.8 g39%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 32.8 mg
Sodium 1377.5 mg57.4%
Total Carbohydrates 214 g71.2%
Dietary Fiber 48 g192.1%
Sugars 14.1 g
Protein 46 g92.3%
Vitamin A 32% Vitamin C 102.2%
Calcium 46.3% Iron 12%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a saucepan, cook the milk and corn kernels until corn is tender. Stir the corn occasionally making sure it doesn’t burn in the bottom of the pan.
2. Add the all purpose flour and lightly mash the corn using the food processor or blender but do not make a paste.
3. Heat the oil in a saucepan on medium-high heat. To check if the temperature is right, put a cumin seed and see if it crackles.
4. When the cumin seeds crack, add the corn mixture, black pepper, salt and red bell pepper.
5. Stir and reduce the heat to medium; cook for about 2 to 3 minutes.
6. Next, stir the cheese and turn off the heat.
7. Corn should be consistent like a spread, not very dry.
8. Serve the dish over toasted bread and garnish with minced green chili and cilantro.
9. It can also be served as a creamy side dish.