- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Corn and Pepper Chowder Recipe
|Bacon slices||5 , cut into 1/2 inch pieces|
|Finely chopped onion||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Finely chopped celery||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Finely chopped red bell pepper||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Finely chopped bell pepper||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (Green Variety)|
|All purpose flour||2 Tablespoon|
|Canned whole kernel corn||17 Ounce (1 Can)|
|All purpose potato||1 Medium, peeled, cut into 1/2 inch cubes|
|Milk||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Chopped fresh parsley||1 Teaspoon|
|Dried dill weed/1 teaspoon chopped fresh dill||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|White pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
Calories 210 Calories from Fat 52
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 6 g9%
Saturated Fat 2.5 g12.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 13.4 mg
Sodium 346.5 mg14.4%
Total Carbohydrates 33 g10.9%
Dietary Fiber 4.6 g18.2%
Sugars 14.4 g
Protein 8 g16.6%
Vitamin A 17.5% Vitamin C 44.7%
Calcium 14.9% Iron 5.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Take a bowl to mix corn, potato, milk, parsley, dill, salt and white pepper. Set it aside.
2) Take a 2-quart casserole for combining bacon, onion, celery, red and green pepper.
3) Set your microwave at Power Hi for 8-9 minutes without lid, until the bacon turns golden and crisp and the vegetables turn soft and tender. Stir the ingredients while halfway through cooking.
4) Bring out the casserole from microwave and add flour to blend.
5) Add the prepared mixture and tightly cover the casserole with plastic food wrap.
6) Set your microwave at Power Hi for 13-15 minutes or until the potatoes trun tender and the gravy becomes thick. You may need to stir the ingredients for 2-3 times for every 5-7 minutes in between the cooking period.
7) Serve by garnishing with fresh dill.