- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Corn And Peas Chowder Recipe Video
|Frozen corn/Null||4 Cup (64 tbs) (Null)|
|Frozen peas/Null||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Null)|
|Chicken stock/Null||2 Liter (Null)|
|Cayenne pepper/Null||1 Pinch (Null)|
|Lemon zest/Null||2 Teaspoon (Null)|
|Lemon juice/Null||1 Tablespoon (Null)|
|Baby carrots/Null||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped (Null)|
|Potatoes/Null||4 Large, chopped (Null)|
|Onion/Null||1 Medium, chopped (Null)|
|Parsley/Null||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (Null)|
|Celery ribs/Null||2 , chopped (Null)|
|Sage leaves/Null||7 (Null)|
|Butter/Null||2 Tablespoon (Null)|
|Flour/Null||2 Tablespoon (Null)|
|Salt/Null||To Taste (Null)|
|Pepper/Null||To Taste (Null)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 3758 Calories from Fat 786
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 90 g138.7%
Saturated Fat 40 g200.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 124.5 mg41.5%
Sodium 3592.1 mg149.7%
Total Carbohydrates 668 g222.8%
Dietary Fiber 151.2 g604.8%
Sugars 85 g
Protein 134 g268.6%
Vitamin A 585.3% Vitamin C 646.8%
Calcium 431% Iron 485.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a large saucepan on medium low heat sweat onion, celery, carrots, sage, potatoes, lemon zest, cayenne pepper, salt and pepper with butter until the onion becomes translucent.
2. Add flour and let it cook for 2 minutes.
3. Add chicken stock, lemon juice, 2 cups of corn and parsley.
4. Bring to boil, then lower the heat and simmer for 20 minutes or until all the vegetables are soft.
5. Blend all the soup with stick blender until smooth.
6. Add the rest of the corn and peas.
7. Let it cook until the corn and peas are cooked, it will take about 4 to 5 minutes and then the soup is done.
8. Serve and enjoy.