- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Corn and Cheese Chowder Recipe
|Water||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Potatoes||2 Cup (32 tbs), diced|
|Onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Celery||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), diced|
|Dried basil||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Bay leaf||1 Large|
|Cream style corn||17 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Milk||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Canned tomatoes||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped|
|Shredded cheddar cheese||2 Ounce|
|Minced parsley||1 Tablespoon|
Calories 249 Calories from Fat 87
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 10 g15%
Saturated Fat 4.2 g21%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 17.7 mg
Sodium 1041.3 mg43.4%
Total Carbohydrates 34 g11.4%
Dietary Fiber 3.8 g15.3%
Sugars 8.8 g
Protein 8 g15.4%
Vitamin A 19.9% Vitamin C 42%
Calcium 19.8% Iron 9.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a large Dutch oven, add first 7 ingredients.
2) Place the Dutch oven over medium heat and bring the liquid to a boil.
3) Reduce heat to low and allow simmering for 10 minutes or so, until the potatoes get tender.
Remove bay leaf from the sauce.
4) Add corn, milk, tomatoes, salt and pepper to the Dutch oven.
5) Heat up thoroughly.
6) Sprinkle cheese on top and cook over low heat by constant stirring until the cheese melts down.
7) Just before serving, sprinkle parsley over chowder.