- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Coquilles St. Jacques with Squid Ink Pasta Recipe Video
|Squid ink pasta/Pasta of choice||1 Pound|
|Unsalted butter||3 Tablespoon|
|Vegetable oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Spinach||10 Cup (160 tbs) (loosely packed)|
|Leek||2 Medium, halved, sliced cross wise (rinsed)|
|Kosher salt||1 Tablespoon (as per taste)|
|Dry white wine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Heavy cream||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
Calories 919 Calories from Fat 280
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 32 g48.6%
Saturated Fat 14 g70.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 133.9 mg44.6%
Sodium 2077.4 mg86.6%
Total Carbohydrates 112 g37.4%
Dietary Fiber 8.3 g33.1%
Sugars 7.9 g
Protein 48 g95.3%
Vitamin A 209.3% Vitamin C 71.7%
Calcium 42.5% Iron 42.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Melt 1 tablespoon vegetable oil in large saucepan over medium high heat.
2. Add half the spinach and cook until just wilted, tossing for about two minutes.
3. Set aside in a colander to drain, and cook rest of spinach.
4. Discard remaining liquid from skillet and add 2 tablespoons butter over medium heat.
5. Add the halved leeks with a pinch of salt and cook until softened but not brown (about 5 minutes).
6. Add minced garlic and stir for another minute.
7. Add the wine and raise temperature to medium high to reduce and thicken sauce as liquid evaporates. (about 2 minutes).
8. Add cream and continue to cook for another two-three minutes until thickened (can coat the back of a spoon – and will stick nicely to pasta).
9. Season with salt and pepper, fold in cheese and add the spinach back.
10. Keep warm while you boil the pasta and sear the scallops.
11.Cover a large pot of water over high heat to start water boiling.
12.Boil Pasta until ad dente – 8-10 minutes, drain and toss lightly with olive oil (keep warm while you prepare scallops).
13.Pat scallops dry and remove muscle if attached.
14.Heat 2 tablespoons butter in a large saucepan, until simmering hot.
15.Season scallops with salt and pepper and gently place them in hot pan. Cook scallops undisturbed until browned on the bottom (for 2-3 minutes).
16. Flip and continue to cook undisturbed, until they appear opaque in the center (about 2 minutes more).
17.Bring sauce back up to medium low heat while scallops are finishing.
18.Dish pasta onto middle of plate.
19.Gently cover pasta with warmed sauce.
20.Place 3-4 scallops on top.
21.Sprinkle lightly with Parmigiano-Reggiano.