- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Coquilles St Jacques Recipe
|Dry white wine||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Unsalted butter||4 Tablespoon|
|Shallots||3 , chopped fine|
|Small white mushrooms||1⁄2 Pound, thinly sliced|
|Heavy cream||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||To Taste|
|Bread crumbs||1 Cup (16 tbs), buttered (As Required)|
|Buttered bread crumbs||1 Cup (16 tbs) (As Required)|
|Parsley||1 Tablespoon, finely chopped (As Required)|
Calories 659 Calories from Fat 275
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 31 g48.1%
Saturated Fat 18.4 g91.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 168.8 mg
Sodium 573 mg23.9%
Total Carbohydrates 29 g9.8%
Dietary Fiber 1.3 g5.1%
Sugars 2.7 g
Protein 44 g87.1%
Vitamin A 33.8% Vitamin C 24.8%
Calcium 13.1% Iron 14.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a pan, boil the scallops in the wine, drain and reserve the cooking liquid.
2) In a heavy pan, saute the shallots in the 3 tablespoons melted butter, until they are soft.
3) Stir in the sliced mushrooms and saute for 3 to 4 minutes, or until the mushrooms are dry.
4) Sprinkle and stir in the flour, then stir in the reserved scallop liquid and stir until smooth.
5) Allow to simmer gently for 7 to 8 minutes until reduced.
6) Stir in the cream and reduce further until the sauce is thick.
7) Season with lemon juice, salt and pepper to taste.
8) Stir the scallops into the sauce, mix well.
9) Spoon the mixture into individual buttered scallop shells or ovenproof dishes, then cover and place in the refrigerator.
10) Sprinkle lightly with buttered bread crumbs and reheat in a oven or broil just before serving.
11) Sprinkle with the chopped parsley and serve on individual serving plates.