- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Microwave Coquilles Saint Jacques Recipe
|Lemon juice||3 Tablespoon|
|Fresh mushrooms||1 Pound, cleaned and sliced lengthwise|
|Dry white wine||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Ground thyme||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Butter/Margarine||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|All purpose flour||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Dry bread crumbs||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1496 Calories from Fat 579
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 66 g101.3%
Saturated Fat 37.9 g189.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 306.1 mg
Sodium 2068.3 mg86.2%
Total Carbohydrates 87 g29.2%
Dietary Fiber 7.8 g31%
Sugars 19.3 g
Protein 102 g204.4%
Vitamin A 42.9% Vitamin C 74.9%
Calcium 39.6% Iron 50.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Combine wine, thyme, bay leaf, salt and pepper in the glass baking dish. Add scallops. Cover with plastic wrap. Cook in microwave oven 5 minutes at High, or until tender; stir once. Drain, reserving 1/2 cup broth. Discard bay leaf. Add mushrooms to scallops in dish. Set aside.
3. Melt 1 1/2 tablespoons butter in a 1-quart glass measuring pitcher in microwave oven (about 30 seconds at High). Add flour and blend to
a smooth paste. Add milk and reserved broth gradually, stirring constantly. Cook uncovered 5 minutes at High, or until thickened; stir after 3 minutes, then every 30 seconds.
4. Add white sauce to mushrooms and scallops; mix thoroughly.
5. Melt 3 tablespoons butter in a 2-cup glass measuring cup in microwave oven (about 1 minute at High). Add bread crumbs and mix well. Sprinkle over scallop mixture.
6. Cook uncovered in microwave oven 4 minutes at High; rotate dish one-half turn once.