- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Cooking With Socalgrrrl05: Coq Au Vin Recipe Video
|All purpose flour||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Dried thyme||1 Teaspoon|
|Boneless and skinless chicken thigh||24 Ounce (6 thighs of 4 ounces each)|
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Cremini mushrooms||6 Cup (96 tbs), quarter inch thick slice|
|Carrot||2 Cup (32 tbs), quarter inch thick slice|
|Bacon||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs), quarter inch thick slice|
|Dry red wine||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Fat free low sodium chicken broth||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Tomato paste||1 Tablespoon|
Calories 301 Calories from Fat 94
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 11 g16.2%
Saturated Fat 3 g15%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 3.5 mg
Sodium 289.1 mg12%
Total Carbohydrates 18 g5.9%
Dietary Fiber 2.3 g9.2%
Sugars 4.4 g
Protein 25 g49.2%
Vitamin A 143.9% Vitamin C 5.8%
Calcium 5.5% Iron 10.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a plastic bag, combine flour, thyme and salt and add chicken to it. Shake the bag to coat flour on the chicken. Remove chicken and remove excess flour, then keep aside.
2. In a large non - stick skillet over med-high heat, heat oil. Add chicken and cook until golden brown on both sides. Remove chicken from the pan and set aside.
3. In the same pan, add mushrooms, carrots and bacon. Saute for 2 minutes.
4. Stir in wine, chicken broth and tomato paste. Simmer for a few minutes.
5. Add chicken and cook for 9 minutes or until the chicken is done.
6. Serve this tasty Coq Au Vin with some appetizers.