- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Garlic Flavored Coq Au Vin Recipe
|Chicken||1 , cut into 8 pieces|
|Sunflower oil||3 Tablespoon|
|Smoked bacon||6 Ounce, chopped (175 Grams)|
|Onions||16 Small, peeled|
|Button mushrooms||8 Ounce (250 Grams)|
|Garlic||3 Clove (15 gm), crushed|
|Red wine||12 Fluid Ounce (350 Milliliter)|
|Plain flour||2 Tablespoon|
Calories 1232 Calories from Fat 551
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 62 g95.2%
Saturated Fat 17.3 g86.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 276.8 mg
Sodium 593.9 mg24.7%
Total Carbohydrates 58 g19.2%
Dietary Fiber 9.2 g36.8%
Sugars 21.9 g
Protein 88 g176.7%
Vitamin A 9.5% Vitamin C 64.6%
Calcium 16.5% Iron 24.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a flameproof casserole dish fry the chicken such that golden brown and then using a slotted spoon transfer to a plate.
2. In the empty pan fry bacon and onions, for 5 minutes and then add the mushrooms and garlic.
3. Add brandy and wine and let it boil.
4. Into the casserole add back the chicken along with salt and pepper and let it simmer with cover for about 40 minutes such that the chicken is cooked.
5. Transfer the chicken along with vegetables to a platter and keep aside.
6. In a bowl mix flour with butter to form a smooth paste
7. Into the sauce in the casserole whisk the mixture, let it simmer with constant stirring for 2-3 minutes such that thick and then season as per taste.
8. To serve spoon the sauce over the chicken and vegetables.