- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Coq Au V1N Recipe
|Stewing chicken||1 , cut up|
|All purpose flour||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Salt||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Diced cooked ham||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|White onions||12 Small, peeled|
|Dry red wine||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Canned mushroom caps||4 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 5202 Calories from Fat 1837
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 209 g321.5%
Saturated Fat 73.4 g367.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 1186.4 mg
Sodium 4750.2 mg197.9%
Total Carbohydrates 276 g92.1%
Dietary Fiber 30.1 g120.4%
Sugars 77.8 g
Protein 354 g708.8%
Vitamin A 54.1% Vitamin C 208.5%
Calcium 64.2% Iron 117.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Brown pieces, a few at a time, in butter or margarine in a large skillet; place in a 12-cup baking dish; sprinkle with ham and top with onions.
3. Stir red wine, mushrooms and liquid and garlic into drippings in the pan; bring to boiling, scraping brown bits from bottom of pan. Pour over chicken mixture.
4. Tie peppercorns, whole cloves and bay leaf in cheesecloth; add to baking dish; cover.
5. Bake in moderate oven (350°) for 2 hours and 15 minutes, or till chicken is very tender.
6. Uncover; remove spice bag and let chicken stand for 5 to 10 minutes, or until fat rises to top, then skim off. Garnish with parsley, if you wish.