- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Copper River Salmon with Roasted Baby Potatoes Recipe Video
|Copper river salmon||1 Pound|
|Baby red potatoes||8 Medium|
|Garlic cloves||6 Medium|
|Lemon juice||1 Medium|
|Swiss green chard bunch||1 Medium|
|Olive oil||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Kosher salt||To Taste|
|Fresh black pepper||To Taste|
|Water||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
Calories 977 Calories from Fat 553
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 62 g96.1%
Saturated Fat 8.8 g44.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 117.9 mg
Sodium 414.3 mg17.3%
Total Carbohydrates 53 g17.5%
Dietary Fiber 7.1 g28.5%
Sugars 5.4 g
Protein 54 g107.2%
Vitamin A 100.5% Vitamin C 111.2%
Calcium 13.6% Iron 22.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Set oven temperature to 400 degrees.
2. Peel the chard leaves away from the vein using a knife or fingers and cut into bite size pieces.
3. Rinse them to remove dirt and sand and spin dry using a salad spinner.
4. Peel a shallot and slice thinly.
5. In a pot of boiling water add 1 tbsp kosher salt and boil potatoes for about 10 minutes.
6. Drain the potatoes and place along with garlic into a cast iron skillet or oven-proof dish.
7. Add olive oil, salt and pepper and place in the preheated oven for about 15 minutes
8. Cut salmon to serving size pieces and sprinkle over salt and black pepper and squeeze over lemon juice.
9. Slice lemon into half, cut 1 clove of garlic and rub over the top of the fish.
10. Drizzle olive oil over the fish and rub again with garlic.
11. In a smoking cast iron, heat oil and cook salmon for about 2 minutes, then turn the fish and cook for 4 minutes.
12. In a non stick pan with oil add the shallot slices and turn after a few seconds.
13. Then add the chard, salt, pepper and lemon juice and sauté for about 3 minutes.
14. Chop chives and sprinkle over the salmon.
15. On a serving plate arrange the salmon, roasted potatoes with garlic and chard.