- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Chilled Salsa Recipe
|Ripe pineapple||2 Cup (32 tbs), diced into 1/4 inch pieces|
|Seedless cucumber||2 Cup (32 tbs), peeled, diced into 1/4 inch (Hot House)|
|Cucumber||2 Cup (32 tbs), peeled|
|Red onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), diced into 1/8 inch|
|Garlic||1 Teaspoon, minced|
|Lime zest||2 Teaspoon, finely grated|
|Lime juice||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Basil leaves||2 Tablespoon, finely slivered|
|Cilantro leaves||2 Tablespoon, coarsely chopped|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 319 Calories from Fat 12
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 1 g2.2%
Saturated Fat 0.2 g0.98%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 52.9 mg2.2%
Total Carbohydrates 80 g26.7%
Dietary Fiber 12 g48.1%
Sugars 49.4 g
Protein 8 g16.6%
Vitamin A 93% Vitamin C 367.8%
Calcium 20.9% Iron 19.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Cut chili lengthwise, remove and discard seeds and ribs.
2. Mince the chili.
3. In a large mixing bowl, combine pineapple, cucumber, and onion.
4. Add minced chili to the pineapple mixture, depending on taste.
5. Add garlic, lime zest, and lime juice; toss to mix.
6. Cover the bowl and refrigerate for up to 2 hours before use.
7. Add basil and cilantro just before serving; toss to mix.
8. Serve chilled.