- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Chilled Salsa Recipe
|Ripe pineapple||2 Cup (32 tbs), diced into 1/4 inch pieces|
|Seedless cucumber||2 Cup (32 tbs), peeled, diced into 1/4 inch (Hot House)|
|Red onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), diced into 1/8 inch|
|Garlic||1 Teaspoon, minced|
|Lime zest||2 Teaspoon, finely grated|
|Lime juice||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Basil leaves||2 Tablespoon, finely slivered|
|Cilantro leaves||2 Tablespoon, coarsely chopped|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 286 Calories from Fat 7
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 0.89 g1.4%
Saturated Fat 0.06 g0.32%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 29.4 mg1.2%
Total Carbohydrates 72 g24.2%
Dietary Fiber 10.5 g41.8%
Sugars 46.4 g
Protein 7 g13.8%
Vitamin A 78.7% Vitamin C 379.9%
Calcium 17.2% Iron 15.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Cut chili lengthwise, remove and discard seeds and ribs.
2. Mince the chili.
3. In a large mixing bowl, combine pineapple, cucumber, and onion.
4. Add minced chili to the pineapple mixture, depending on taste.
5. Add garlic, lime zest, and lime juice; toss to mix.
6. Cover the bowl and refrigerate for up to 2 hours before use.
7. Add basil and cilantro just before serving; toss to mix.
8. Serve chilled.