- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Cool and Spicy Cucumber and Iceberg Salad Recipe Video
|Shallots||2 Large, finely diced to make about 1/3 cup|
|Freshly ground black pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Flax oil||5 Tablespoon|
|Brown rice vinegar||3 Tablespoon|
|Shallots||2 Large, finely diced (0.25 - 1/3 Cup)|
|Sriracha sauce||2 Tablespoon|
|Agave nectar||1 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||2 Teaspoon, minced|
|Sea salt||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Black pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon, freshly ground|
|Iceberg lettuce head||1⁄2|
|Cilantro||2 Tablespoon, coarsely chopped|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 940 Calories from Fat 669
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 76 g116.5%
Saturated Fat 7.2 g35.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 1863.9 mg77.7%
Total Carbohydrates 64 g21.4%
Dietary Fiber 6.3 g25.2%
Sugars 27.1 g
Protein 6 g12.4%
Vitamin A 85.3% Vitamin C 46%
Calcium 14.9% Iron 22.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Combine the oil, vinegar, shallots, Sriracha, agave, garlic, salt and pepper in a bowl.
2. Whisk until emulsified, and then allow the flavors to blend and develop while you prepare the vegetables.
3. Peel the cucumber and score the entire surface lengthwise with a fork.
4. Cut in half lengthwise, and then cut each half diagonally into long slices about 1/4-inch thick.
5. Cut the iceberg lettuce into roughly 1-inch cubes.
6. Place the cucumber and lettuce in a large bowl, add the cilantro and the prepared vinaigrette, and toss thoroughly.
Serve at once.