- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Cool And Creamy Cucumber Spread Recipe
|Cream cheese||11 Ounce, softened (1 Package, 8 Ounce Plus 3 Ounce)|
|Sour cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Snipped fresh dill||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Vegetable soup mix||1 Ounce (1 Envelope, Lipton)|
Calories 172 Calories from Fat 143
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 16 g25%
Saturated Fat 9.2 g46%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 50.3 mg
Sodium 140.7 mg5.9%
Total Carbohydrates 5 g1.6%
Dietary Fiber 0.38 g1.5%
Sugars 2.8 g
Protein 3 g6.1%
Vitamin A 13.8% Vitamin C 4.1%
Calcium 6.4% Iron 2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Grease a 4-cup ring mold with oil.
2. On a vegetable board, use a sharp vegetable knife or a vegetable cutter to thinly slice 1 cucumber.
3. Arrange the slices in the greased mold. Keep aside.
4. Peel and chop the remaining cucumbers.
5. In a medium jar of a food processor or blender, combine the cream cheese, sour cream, 1 cup cucumber, dill, lemon juice and soup. Pulse for 30 seconds till well blended to a smooth consistency.
6. Add the remaining chopped cucumber and stir to mix.
7. Empty the mixture into the prepared mold and spread evenly to cover mold.
8. Place the mold in the refrigerator and allow it to chill till the spread is firm.
9. Empty the mixture into the prepared mold and spread evenly to cover mold.
10. Place the mold in the refrigerator and allow it to chill till the spread is firm.
11. When well chilled turn mold onto a serving platter and give a sharp tap to unmold the ring.
12. Fill the center of the ring with a tossed salad of your choice.
13. You could arrange crackers or toasted pita breads around the spread.
14. Serve chilled.