- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Cooking Stuffed Potatoes And Eggplants On A Stove Top Recipe Video
|Potatoes/Yellow squash||2 Pound|
|Egg plant||2 Pound|
|Olive oil||3 Tablespoon|
|Hot water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Besan flour||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Fresh coriander leaves||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped finely|
|Jalapeno||2 , chopped|
|Peanuts||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Coconut||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), grated|
|Cumin coriander powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Chili powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Lemon juice||1 Teaspoon|
Calories 309 Calories from Fat 110
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 13 g19.6%
Saturated Fat 2.6 g13.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 93.2 mg3.9%
Total Carbohydrates 45 g15.1%
Dietary Fiber 11.1 g44.2%
Sugars 7.2 g
Protein 8 g16.5%
Vitamin A 7.6% Vitamin C 60.7%
Calcium 4.5% Iron 13.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a bowl, add besan flour, coriander leaves, ginger, jalapeno, peanuts, coconut, cumin coriander powder, chili powder, salt, sugar and lemon juice. Mix well.
2. Slice the egg plants and potatoes in half lengthwise. Stuff them with the filling. Repeat stuffing with all pieces.
3. In a skillet, pour olive oil and heat it over medium high heat. Put the stuffed potatoes and eggplants into the skillet.
4. Stir occasionally, cover with a lid and cook for a few minutes.
5. Pour in hot water to help to create steam. Cover and cook for a few more minutes.
6. Serve the Stuffed Potatoes and Eggplants with Indian roti or naan.