- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Cooking Southern Breakfast Recipe Video
|Eggs||3 , beaten|
|Chopped ham||2 Tablespoon|
|Grated cheese||2 Tablespoon|
|For fried potatoes|
|Onion||1 , chopped|
|Chopped garlic||1 Teaspoon|
|Cubed potatoes||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Salt and pepper||To Taste|
|For french toast|
|Eggs||2 , beaten|
|For bacon and sausage.|
|Bacon slices||10 , crisped|
|Sausages||4 , browned|
Calories 414 Calories from Fat 200
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 22 g34.4%
Saturated Fat 8.9 g44.7%
Trans Fat 0.1 g
Cholesterol 223 mg
Sodium 616.1 mg25.7%
Total Carbohydrates 35 g11.7%
Dietary Fiber 3.2 g12.8%
Sugars 2.2 g
Protein 19 g38.4%
Vitamin A 7.6% Vitamin C 30%
Calcium 10.6% Iron 15.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a pan, cook the grits as per packet instructions.
2. Add in salt to taste and some butter. Turn the heat to low, cover and cook until done.
3. In a non-stick pan on low heat, heat butter and pour in the eggs let the edges start to get firm.
4. In half part of omelette spread some ham and cheese.
5. Once the egg on other side starts to bubble, carefully fold the omelette.
6. Flip and let the other side cook.
For bacon and sausage.
7. In a pan, cook the bacon until crispy, remove from the pan and drain on a kitchen paper.
8. In the same pan, cook the sausages until light brown in colour.
9. Remove the sausages and cut in bite size pieces and reserve the bacon fat.
For fried potatoes
10. In the same pan, saute onion and garlic in bacon fat until onions are soft.
11. Add in the potato cubes and toss well to coat. Season with salt and pepper.
12. Put the lid on, turn the heat to low, and allow to cook until potatoes are tender, stirring occasionally
For French toast
13. In a bowl, beat the eggs.
14. In a non-stick pan, melt butter, dip a bread slice in the beaten egg and cook in butter until light brown in colour.
15. In a serving plate, serve the omelette, topped with fried potatoes, bacon and sausages and French toast on side.