- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Tomatzas Decadent Raisin Bread Recipe Video
|Dough||1 Pound, proofed dough|
|Raisins||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Boiling water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Apple||1 , chop|
|Lemon||1 , juiced and zested|
Calories 258 Calories from Fat 24
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 3 g3.9%
Saturated Fat 0.23 g1.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 26.4 mg
Sodium 279.2 mg11.6%
Total Carbohydrates 55 g18.4%
Dietary Fiber 5.7 g22.9%
Sugars 19.9 g
Protein 5 g10.3%
Vitamin A 1.2% Vitamin C 12%
Calcium 9.9% Iron 12.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Soak the raisins in boiling water and amaretto.
2. Soak the chopped apple in lemon juice and zest.
1. Pound down the proofed dough and dust it with flour.
2. Roll it out using a rolling pin.
3. Once rolled, sprinkle cinnamon, 1 cup of soaked raisins and 1/2 of the lemon-apple mix.
4. Roll the bread together from one end to the other. Tuck the corners until the two ends meet.
5. Place the dough in a parchment papers lined baking bread tray.
6. Let the dough rise again for an hour with the oven light on.
7. Once done, beat an egg in a bowl for an egg wash. Brush the egg wash on the dough and sprinkle some sugar over it.
8. Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
9. Place the dough for 30 minutes in the oven. Alternatively, when the center of the bread reaches 205 degrees, the bread is ready.
10. Slice, plate and serve.