- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Meringue- Tomatza Style Recipe Video
|Lemon juice||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Dark chocolate||2 Ounce, grated|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1468 Calories from Fat 380
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 42 g65%
Saturated Fat 18.2 g91.2%
Trans Fat 0.1 g
Cholesterol 1061.9 mg
Sodium 606.7 mg25.3%
Total Carbohydrates 238 g79.4%
Dietary Fiber 4 g15.9%
Sugars 230.2 g
Protein 34 g68.5%
Vitamin A 24.9% Vitamin C 0.48%
Calcium 16.8% Iron 50.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat oven to 250 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Separate the egg white and the yolks.
3. Add the egg whites into a mixer along with the salt and lemon juice.
4. Beat the mix for 3 minutes.
5. Add sugar and vanilla and continue to beat until stiff peaks are formed. Make sure you don't over mix it.
6. Add the mix into a piping bag.
7. Make spirals on a parchment lined baking tray.
8. Pop into the oven for 50 minutes.
9. Once done, turn off the oven and let the meringue sit in the oven for 30 minutes.
10. Remove from oven and grate dark chocolate over the top.
10. Plate and serve.