- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Cooking Salmon and Cod Recipe Video
|Salt and pepper||To Taste|
|Garlic salt||To Taste|
|Corn meal||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Onion||1 , chopped finely|
|Chopped garlic||3 Teaspoon (or more)|
|Bacon grease||1 Tablespoon|
|Salmon fillet||1 Large|
Calories 510 Calories from Fat 123
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 14 g20.8%
Saturated Fat 3.7 g18.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 134 mg
Sodium 504.8 mg21%
Total Carbohydrates 39 g13.1%
Dietary Fiber 4 g15.9%
Sugars 3 g
Protein 55 g109.6%
Vitamin A 3.8% Vitamin C 15.2%
Calcium 7% Iron 16.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven to 425F.
2. Sprinkle the cod fillets with salt pepper and garlic salt.
3. Sprinkle the salmon fillet with salt pepper and garlic salt. and set aside.
4. Dredge the corn meal over the salmon fillet and rub it to coat and set aside.
5. In a bowl, put the corn meal and roll the cod fillets in it until well coated.
6. Remove the fillets and set aside.
7. In a pan heat the bacon grease on medium heat, and saute onions and garlic until they caramelised.
8. Place the coated cod fillets on the onions in the sides on the pan.
9. Put the salmon in the center skin side down and let it cook for 5 minutes.
10. Carefully flip the fish fillets and cook it for 5 minutes on the other side.
11. Flip the salmon fillet once more, to put the skin side down.
12. Place the pan in oven and bake the fish for 15 minutes or until the fish is flaky.
13. Remove and serve hot as desired.